Brainerd Ice Fishing Contest
Brainerd Jaycees Annual Event!
$150,000 Ice Fishing Extravaganza
January 30, 2021
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Hole in the Day Bay, Gull Lake
The largest charitable ice fishing contest in North America!
Ticket Info - 800-950-9461
Ice Fishing's largest prize package will be up for grabs as thousands of anglers--the event regularly draws a crowd near or over 10,000 ice-fishing participants--take to the ice for a day of fun with family and friends.
With $150,000 in cash and prizes, this event is a can't miss affair! All proceeds are donated to area charities. Confidence Learning Center is the primary beneficiary.
The event is held at the Hole In The Day Bay on Gull Lake, where 20,000 holes are pre-drilled for contestants. At noon the cannon will go off and the fishing will start. There will be concessions serving Beer, Pop and food.
Cash Wise Liquor - Brainerd
513 B St NE, Brainerd, MN 56401
Cash Wish Liquor - Baxter
4092 Edgewood Dr, Baxter, MN 56425
S & W Bait and Tackle
18900 Hwy 371, Brainerd, MN 56401
Holiday - Baxter North
15052 Dellwood Dr N, Baxter, MN 56425
Holiday - Nisswa
4917 Co Rd 77, Nisswa, MN 56468
On the Ice
Tickets are available at center ice at the contest in the Mr. Heater Ticket Tent starting at 8am.
Holiday - Northeast Brainerd
1500 Mill Ave, Brainerd, MN 56401
Mills Fleet Farm
14114 Dellwood Dr N, Baxter, MN 56425
Super America - Baxter
14963 Edgewood Dr, Baxter, MN 56425
Buy Tickets Online at icefishing.org
Tips for people coming to fish the extravaganza:
- Warm clothes – especially good boots.
- Cash for vendors, credit card if you want to purchase tickets with it versus cash, drivers license, and fishing license.
- Ice chisel – We drill holes on Friday so some ice might build up by Saturday morning.
- Bait – we do not provide or sell bait on the ice.
- Fish/Depth locator
- Contest ticket, bring string or wire to hang the ticket on the outside of your clothing like a ski ticket.
- Fishing poles and gear, etc…
- Bucket or large plastic bag to put the fish in if you catch one, we are hoping to keep the fish alive and release them. We will be providing some plastic bag but just in case you can’t find one it would be nice if you had something.
- Radio, tune in B93.3, and if you find a sticker make sure you put it on your radio for a chance to win a prize if the prize patrol find you. Check out the bottom of our home page for details.
- We don’t sell any Alcohol on the ice.
- We ask that you do not bring anything in glass containers.
- We do not have any ATM machines on ice.
Tip of the day: Have Fun, Be Safe and catch Jingles (Jingles has so many lures hanging off her mouth she jingles when she swims by!)
PO BOX 523
Brainerd MN 56401