Brainerd Ice Fishing Contest
Brainerd Jaycees Annual Event!
$150,000 Ice Fishing Extravaganza
January 29, 2022
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Hole in the Day Bay, Gull Lake
The largest charitable ice fishing contest in North America!
Ticket Info - 800-950-9461
Ice Fishing's largest prize package will be up for grabs as thousands of anglers--the event regularly draws a crowd near or over 10,000 ice-fishing participants--take to the ice for a day of fun with family and friends.
With $150,000 in cash and prizes, this event is a can't miss affair! All proceeds are donated to area charities. Confidence Learning Center is the primary beneficiary.
The event is held at the Hole In The Day Bay on Gull Lake, where 20,000 holes are pre-drilled for contestants. At noon the cannon will go off and the fishing will start. There will be concessions serving Beer, Pop and food.
The 2022 Ice Fishing Extravaganza is January 29, 2022. There are a variety of ways to get contest tickets for this event.
Tickets can be purchased online at www.icefishing.org. They will be mailed to you. Tickets will be mailed 10 days prior to the contest. Tickets purchased online the week prior to the contest will be available at Will Call located at the center ice of the contest site. Tickets are $50.
$30 at Fleet Farm
Don’t forget you can buy your tickets for only $30 exclusively at all Fleet Farm locations from November 1-30. This special price is an in-store promotion only. Tickets will be available at all Fleet Farm locations from December 1-January 30 for $50.
Ticket outlets are another convenient way to purchase your contest tickets.
- Cash Wise Liquor – Brainerd: 513 B St NE
- Cash Wise Liquor – Baxter: 4092 Edgewood Dr
- Holiday – Baxter: 15052 Dellwood Dr
- Holiday – Nisswa: 4917 Co Rd 77
- Nitro Square – Brainerd: 18198 State Hwy 371
- Raceway Square – Brainerd: 17977 MN-371 & Gull Lake Dam Rd
- Roundhouse Brewery – Nisswa: 23836 Smiley Rd
- Fleet Farm Locations
Tips for people coming to fish the extravaganza:
- Warm clothes – especially good boots.
- Cash for vendors, credit card if you want to purchase tickets with it versus cash, drivers license, and fishing license.
- Ice chisel – We drill holes on Friday so some ice might build up by Saturday morning.
- Bait – we do not provide or sell bait on the ice.
- Fish/Depth locator
- Contest ticket, bring string or wire to hang the ticket on the outside of your clothing like a ski ticket.
- Fishing poles and gear, etc…
- Bucket or large plastic bag to put the fish in if you catch one, we are hoping to keep the fish alive and release them. We will be providing some plastic bag but just in case you can’t find one it would be nice if you had something.
- Radio, tune in B93.3, and if you find a sticker make sure you put it on your radio for a chance to win a prize if the prize patrol find you. Check out the bottom of our home page for details.
- We don’t sell any Alcohol on the ice.
- We ask that you do not bring anything in glass containers.
- We do not have any ATM machines on ice.
Tip of the day: Have Fun, Be Safe and catch Jingles (Jingles has so many lures hanging off her mouth she jingles when she swims by!)
PO BOX 523
Brainerd MN 56401
Find the most up to date event information at IceFishing.org