Cross Country Ski
Winter Resort Lodging
Winter Cabin Rentals
Hotels & Motels
Ice Fishing Contest
Paul Bunyan Trail
Brainerd Ice Fishing Contest
26th Annual Event!
$150,000 Ice Fishing Extravaganza
This event has been postponed due to
weather conditions. Please note the
new date of
FEBRUARY 6, 2016
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
On Gull Lake - Brainerd, Minnesota
largest charitable ice fishing contest in North America!
Ticket Info - 800-950-9461
Fishing's largest prize package will be up for grabs as thousands of anglers--the event regularly draws a crowd near or over 10,000 ice-fishing participants--take to the ice for a day of fun with family and
With $150,000 in cash and prizes, this event is a can't miss affair! All proceeds are donated to area charities. Confidence Learning Center is the primary beneficiary.
The event is held at the Hole In The Day Bay on Gull Lake, where 20,000 holes are are pre-drilled for contestants.
At noon the cannon will go off and the fishing will start. There will be concessions serving Beer, Pop and food.
Tickets for the Extravaganza will be sold exclusively at Mills Fleet Farm Locations and at Mills Indoor Shooting & Archery in Baxter, MN for a special cost of $30 per ticket November 1-30. After December 1, tickets will be $45 at Mills Fleet Farms, Extravaganza Outlets, or online at icefishing.org.
for people coming to fish the extravaganza!
- Dress in layers
- Don't bring bottles in
- Don't bring any kind of shelter
- Bring a sharp chisel (they drill the holes the day before)
- You can use Aqua Views and Vexilars (Hondex)
- Alot of the larger fish come from deeper water (35-65 feet)
so a non-stretch or low-stretch line is a must!! Power pro
is good stuff, I just started using it this winter
- Don't bring charcoal, buy your food at the contest the money
goes to a good cause
- Try glow in the dark lures
- Don't drink too much
- Tie a swivel about a foot or two above your jig, spoon,
etc. it reduces the spin on your line
- If you have access to a snowmobile or 4 wheeler, drive it
to the outside of the contest area
- Bring your camera
- Bring your luck
- Don't bring your kids (if it's really cold)
- Take all your belongings home with you and if someone leaves
some garbage behind pick it up
- You can use tip-ups
- Run to the weigh-in table if you get a good fish--well, actually, any fish!
- Cheer loud for the people running to weigh-in (especially
if they fall)
- Wear your ticket around your neck or someplace where it
can be seen
- Bring hand warmers!
- Wear choppers not gloves
- Wear a hat (it's not a style show) although some
people think it is
- Use a small shiner if you are using a set line
- There are some boulders in 30-40 feet
- Pound the bottom if you are jigging (fish love to come investigate)
It's kind of like grunting in a buck
Tip of the day: Have Fun, Be Safe and catch
Jingles (Jingles has so many lures hanging off her mouth she
jingles when she swims by!)
PO BOX 523
Brainerd MN 56401